I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Esomeprazole||0 people have prescribed Esomeprazole|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Use caution if you have risk factors for osteoporosis (alcohol use, cigarette smoking, other family members with osteoporosis, taking medicines to treat seizures, taking steroids).
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Hip, spine, or wrist fractures may rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe bone pain.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.