I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ethambutol||0 people have prescribed Ethambutol|
(e THAM byoo tole)
U.S. Brand Names
Canadian Brand Names
Mexican Brand Names
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to ethambutol or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you have inflammation in the eye.
How does it work?
• Ethambutol works to injure the bacteria and fight the infection.
How is it best taken?
• To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
• Use prescription as directed, even if feeling better.
• Take this medicine with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Take a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not take a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Have a monthly eye exam.
• Follow up with healthcare provider.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• Protect from moisture. Do not store in a bathroom or kitchen.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2005-04-07 16:39:34.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:23:54.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.