10 people have experienced Genistein. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|10 people have tried Genistein||0 people have prescribed Genistein|
Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies have found that genistein may be helpful for preventing heart disease 1 and preventing or treating osteoporosis . 2 Genistein may additionally improve blood sugar control in people with pre- diabetes . 3 Weaker evidence suggests potential benefits in cancer prevention , 4 cancer treatment , 5 and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). 6 Isoflavone mixtures containing genistein have undergone considerably more study than genistein alone. Mixed isoflavones have shown promise for most of the conditions just mentioned, as well as menopausal symptoms and cyclic mastalgia .
- Tham DT, Gardner CD, Haskell WL. Clinical review 97: Potential health benefits of dietary phytoestrogens: a review of the clinical, epidemiological, and mechanistic evidence. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998;83:2223-2235.
- Fanti O, Faugere MC, Gang Z, et al. Systematic administration of genistein partially prevents bone loss in ovariectomized rats in a nonestrogen-like mechanism [abstract]. Am J Clin Nutr. 1998;68(suppl):S1517-S1518.
- Atteritano M, Marini H, Minutoli L, et al. Effects of the phytoestrogen genistein on some predictors of cardiovascular risk in osteopenic, postmenopausal women: a 2-years randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007 May 22. [Epub ahead of print]
- Anderson JJ, Ambrose WW, Garner SC. Biphasic effects of genistein on bone tissue in the ovariectomized, lactating rat model. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 217(3):345-50.
- Messina MJ, Persky V, Setchell KD, et al. Soy intake and cancer risk: a review of the in vitro and in vivo data. Nutr Cancer. 1994;21:113-131.
- Trieu VN, Uckun FM. Genistein is neuroprotective in murine models of familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and stroke. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 258(3):685-8.