I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Probenecid||0 people have prescribed Probenecid|
Effect of Probenecid on Gout
Common name: Benemid
Probenecid is sometimes given to patients who suffer repeated gout attacks (especially when tophi deposits develop). This medicine forces the kidneys to excrete additional uric acid. It is given in tablet form and should be taken at the same time each day with food or liquid to help avoid stomach upset.
Read more details about Probenecid.Read more about:
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have ulcer disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Talk with healthcare provider before using other: aspirin, aspirin-containing products, blood thinners, garlic, ginseng, ginkgo, ibuprofen or like products, pain medicines, or vitamin E.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Not hungry.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of infection. These include a fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, chills, severe sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, increased sputum or change in color, painful urination, mouth sores, wound that will not heal, or anal itching or pain.
• Back pain, belly pain, or blood in the urine. May be signs of a kidney stone.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
Effect of Pegloticase on Gout
Common brand name: Krystexxa
Pegloticase has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat adults who have severe gout that has not been relieved by other treatments. This...
Read more about Gout and Pegloticase.
FoundHealth has 15 treatments for Gout!
See all Gout Treatment options and start building your care plan today.