I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Hyaluronate and Derivatives||0 people have prescribed Hyaluronate and Derivatives|
(hye al yoor ON ate & dah RIV ah tives)
U.S. Brand Names
Bionect®; Euflexxa™; Healon GV®; Healon®; Healon®5; Hyalgan®; Hylaform®; Hylaform® Plus; Hylira™; IPM Wound Gel™ [OTC]; Juvederm™ 24HV; Juvederm™ 30; Juvederm™ 30HV; Orthovisc®; Perlane®; Provisc®; Restylane®; Supartz™; Synvisc-One™; Synvisc®; Vitrax®
Canadian Brand Names
Cystistat®; Durolane®; Eyestil; Healon GV®; Healon®; OrthoVisc®; Suplasyn®
Mexican Brand Names
Antirheumatic Miscellaneous; Ophthalmic Agent, Viscoelastic; Skin and Mucous Membrane Agent, Miscellaneous
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to hyaluronic acid or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you have an allergy to birds or eggs, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have an infected joint.
• If you are less than 18 years of age.
• If you have a skin infection.
How does it work?
• This medicine helps provide a better surface for eye surgery.
• This medicine loosens the joint area around the knee.
• This medicine restores volume and thickness to skin lessening wrinkles and folds.
• This medicine helps the skin maintain moisture which helps with wound healing.
How is it best taken?
• This medicine is given as a shot into the eye.
• This medicine is given as a shot into the knee.
• This medicine is given as a shot into the skin of the face.
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
• Wash hands before and after use.
• Clean affected area before use. Make sure to dry well.
• Apply a thin layer to the affected skin.
• Cover the wound with a clean dressing.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Call healthcare provider for appointment.
• Apply a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not apply a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
Eye, Knee, Skin (injection):
• This medicine will be given to you in a healthcare setting. You will not store it at home.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2006-10-13 13:02:36.0
Modified: 2010-03-22 14:01:44.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.