I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Hydroquinone||0 people have prescribed Hydroquinone|
(HYE droe kwin one)
U.S. Brand Names
Aclaro PD™; Alphaquin HP®; Claripel™ [DSC]; Dermarest® Skin Correcting Cream Plus [OTC]; Eldopaque Forte®; Eldopaque® [OTC]; Eldoquin Forte®; Eldoquin® [OTC]; EpiQuin™ Micro; Esoterica® Daytime [OTC]; Esoterica® Nighttime [OTC]; Glyquin-XM™ [DSC]; Glyquin® [DSC]; Lustra-AF®; Lustra-Ultra™; Lustra®; Melanex®; Melpaque HP®; Melquin HP®; Melquin-3®; NeoStrata® AHA [OTC]; Nuquin HP®; Palmer's® Skin Success Eventone® Fade Cream [OTC]; Solaquin Forte® [DSC]; Solaquin® [OTC] [DSC]
Canadian Brand Names
Eldopaque®; Eldoquin®; Glyquin® XM; Lustra®; NeoStrata® HQ; Solaquin Forte®; Solaquin®; Ultraquin™
Mexican Brand Names
Crema Blanca Bustillos; Eldoquin
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to hydroquinone or any other part of this medicine.
• If you have a sulfite allergy, talk with healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you are sunburned.
How does it work?
• Hydroquinone lightens the skin where there are changes in color.
How is it best taken?
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
• Wash hands before and after use.
• Clean affected area before use. Make sure to dry well.
• Apply a thin layer to the affected skin and rub in gently.
• Practice good skin care and sun avoidance.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Apply a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not apply a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Follow up with healthcare provider.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2005-04-07 16:48:21.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:27:16.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.