Tried or prescribed Diuretics for Hypertension? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Diuretics||0 people have prescribed Diuretics|
Known as "water pills," diuretics can help lower blood pressure.
Common diuretics prescribed for hypertension include:
- Hydrochlorothiazide (Hydrodiuril, Microzide)
- Indapamide (Lozol)
- Spironolactone (Aldactone)
Effect of Diuretics on Hypertension
Diuretics lower blood pressure by helping the kidneys get rid of excess water and sodium. This is why these medicines are sometimes referred to as “water pills.”
Read more details about Diuretics.
Possible side effects of diuretics include:
- Altered potassium levels, which can cause muscle cramping and abnormal heart rhythms.
- Low blood pressure
- Dizziness, lightheadness, or confusion
- Frequent urination
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) deficiency
- Magnesium deficiency
Click Here to See All 34 Treatments for Hypertension
FoundHealth has 34 treatments for Hypertension!
See all Hypertension Treatment options and start building your care plan today.