1 person has experienced Hysteroscopy. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|1 person has tried Hysteroscopy||0 people have prescribed Hysteroscopy|
Reasons for Procedure
Hysteroscopy is done for:
- Diagnostic reasons—to examine the inner uterus to identify problems or abnormalities; may be done if you have:
- Repeated miscarriage
- An abnormal Pap test
- Abnormal or postmenopausal uterine bleeding
- Therapeutic reasons—to correct anatomic problems and defects in the uterus; may be done for:
- Endometrial ablation —removal of uterine lining from the uterus
- Myomectomy —removal of fibrous or muscular tissue (fibroids)
- Removal of polyps (usually noncancerous)
- Removal of intrauterine devices (IUDs)
The result of the hysteroscopy depends on the reason for the procedure. In some cases, the doctor may be able to treat a condition right away. In other cases, you may need further surgery or other treatment.