I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Interferon Gamma-1b||0 people have prescribed Interferon Gamma-1b|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have bleeding problems, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider. The flu-like side effects of interferon may be stressful to heart patients.
• If you have seizures, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Flu-like symptoms. These include headache, weakness, fever, shakes, aches, pains, and sweating. Mild pain medicine may help.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Belly pain.
• Muscle weakness.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of depression, suicidal thoughts, nervousness, emotional ups and downs, abnormal thinking, anxiety, or lack of interest in life.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Not able to eat.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe skin irritation.
• If you become pregnant while taking this medicine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.