I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Iopamidol||0 people have prescribed Iopamidol|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have seizures, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have sickle cell disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have thyroid disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Muscle pain.
• Nausea or vomiting.
• Irritation where the shot is given.
• Severe allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Fast heartbeat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Change in strength on one side greater than the other, difficulty speaking or thinking, change in balance, or blurred vision.
• Unable to pass urine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.