I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Lindane||0 people have prescribed Lindane|
Canadian Brand Names
Mexican Brand Names
Antiparasitic Agent, Topical; Pediculocide; Scabicidal Agent
What key warnings should I know about before taking this medicine?
• Lindane can cause seizures. Follow directions for use very closely. This medicine should be used only when you are not helped by another medicine or if you cannot use another medicine.
• Please read the medication guide.
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to lindane or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you have seizures.
• If you have used lindane in the past, talk with healthcare provider.
• If the skin you are treating has sores or psoriasis or is broken.
How does it work?
• Lindane injures the insects and treats the infection.
How is it best taken?
• Follow instructions for use carefully.
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
• Wash hands before and after use.
• Clean affected area before use. Make sure to dry well.
• Wait at least 1 hour after you bathe or shower before applying medicine.
• Wash all bedding, towels, and recently worn clothes in hot water or have them dry cleaned.
• Shake lotion well before use.
• Apply a thin layer to the skin from the neck to the toes. Apply in the skin folds, creases, and spaces between the fingers and toes.
• Apply under fingernails.
• Trim fingernails short.
• Apply lotion under nails with the aid of a toothbrush. Throw away toothbrush after use.
• Wear light clothing while medicine is on skin.
• Do not let your skin come in contact with anyone else's skin while wearing the lotion.
• After 8-12 hours, completely wash lotion from skin using warm, soapy water.
• Wear special gloves while applying.
• Shake shampoo well before use.
• Do not wet hair with water before applying shampoo.
• Apply just enough to lightly coat hair.
• Work into hair and scalp gently.
• Leave on hair for 4 minutes.
• Leave head uncovered while shampoo is on hair.
• After 4 minutes, apply a small amount of warm water to hair and lather.
• Rinse completely.
• Remove gloves and wash hands.
• Dry with a towel.
• Use special nit comb or tweezers to remove dead nits (lice eggs) from hair.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Do not apply a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
How should I store this medicine?
• Throw away any unused portion after use.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
• Read the package insert for more details.
Created: 2005-04-07 16:54:48.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:27:28.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.