I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Liothyronine||0 people have prescribed Liothyronine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with caution. You could have more side effects.
• If you have heart disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take iron products, aluminum- and magnesium-containing antacids, calcium carbonate, simethicone, sucralfate, Kayexalate®, colestipol, or cholestyramine within 4 hours of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Unexplained change in appetite.
• Unexplained change in weight.
• Nervous and excitable.
• Sensitive to heat.
• Excessive sweating.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Leg cramps.
• Inability to sleep.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Chest pain or pressure or fast heartbeat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Very nervous and excitable.
• Significant weight gain.
• Significant weight loss.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.