Tried or prescribed Lumpectomy? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Lumpectomy||0 people have prescribed Lumpectomy|
This procedure is done to treat breast cancer .
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a lumpectomy, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Accumulation of blood in the wound
- Accumulation of clear fluid in the wound
- Numbness of the nipple or underarm skin
- Change in the size and/or shape of the breast
- Blood clots
- Reaction to anesthesia
Some factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Poor nutrition
- Recent or long-term illness
- Use of certain medicines
- Characteristics of the tumor to be removed
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection,...