I'm a professional and
|2 people have tried Morton's Neuroma Removal||0 people have prescribed Morton's Neuroma Removal|
Morton's neuroma is an inflammation of a nerve in the foot that goes to the toes. Surgical treatment involves removing the area of inflammation and the nerve.
Morton's neuroma can cause pain and tingling. Morton's neuroma removal is done to alleviate these symptoms. After the removal, most patients have good pain relief.
If you are planning to have this removal, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Recurrence of pain
- Numbness in the nearby toes
- Poor wound healing
Some factors that may increase the risk of complications include:
- Poor nutrition
- Long-term illness
- Use of certain medicines
- Bleeding disorders
Call Your Doctor
After you leave the hospital, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or discharge from the incision site
- Pain that you cannot control with the medicines you have been given
- Recurrence of the symptoms...