I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Needle Biopsy of the Lung and Pleura||0 people have prescribed Needle Biopsy of the Lung and Pleura|
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a needle biopsy, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Collapsed lung
- Damage to the liver or spleen
Make sure to tell your doctor if you are pregnant.
Call Your Doctor
After arriving home, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever and chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or any discharge from the incision site
- Pain that you cannot control with the medicines you have been given
- Cough, shortness of breath, or chest pain
- Coughing up blood
- Pain when taking a deep breath
- You feel your heart rate is fast
In case of an emergency, CALL 911.