Tried or prescribed Nephrectomy? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Nephrectomy||0 people have prescribed Nephrectomy|
In a radical nephrectomy, the whole kidney is removed. In a partial nephrectomy, only a piece of the kidney is removed.
Kidney removal may need to be done because of:
- Birth defects
- Injuries to the kidney
- Kidney donation for a transplant
Complications are rare, but no procedure is completely free of risk. If you are planning to have a nephrectomy, your doctor will review a list of possible complications, which may include:
- Blood clots
- Damage to near-by organs
- Reactions to the anesthesia
- Leakage of urine from the remaining kidney tissue, if only part of the kidney is removed
Call Your Doctor
After you leave the hospital, contact your doctor if any of the following occurs:
- Signs of infection, including fever or chills
- Redness, swelling, increasing pain, excessive bleeding, or discharge from the incision site
- Nausea and/or vomiting that you cannot control with the medicines you were given after surgery, or which persist for more than...