I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Niacin||0 people have prescribed Niacin|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have diabetes, talk with healthcare provider. This medicine can increase blood sugar.
• If you have gallbladder disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor). May increase flushing.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Flushing. Taking aspirin or ibuprofen 30 minutes before taking this medicine may help.
• Liver damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Not able to eat.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Yellow skin or eyes.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.