I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Niacin||0 people have prescribed Niacin|
(NYE a sin)
• This medicine is used to lower cholesterol and other harmful types of cholesterol in the body. Good cholesterol (HDL) levels increase.
• This medicine is used to decrease triglycerides.
• This vitamin is used to treat niacin deficiency.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have diabetes, talk with healthcare provider. This medicine can increase blood sugar.
• If you have gallbladder disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor). May increase flushing.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Flushing. Taking aspirin or ibuprofen 30 minutes before taking this medicine may help.
• Liver damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you...