I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Nicotine||0 people have prescribed Nicotine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• The patch may contain conducting metal. Remove patch before MRI.
• Gum chewing can cause problems with dental work.
• When you stop smoking, other medicines may be affected. Talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have PKU, talk with healthcare provider. Some products do contain phenylalanine.
• If pregnant and using patch, consider removal at night.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nervous and excitable.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Jaw ache from gum.
• Inability to sleep.
• Skin irritation.
• Nasal irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Very nervous and excitable.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.