I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Pancrelipase||0 people have prescribed Pancrelipase|
(pan kre LYE pase)
U.S. Brand Names
Creon®; Pancrease® MT [DSC]; Pancreaze™; Pancrecarb MS® [DSC]; Pancrelipase™; Pangestyme™ CN [DSC]; Pangestyme™ EC [DSC]; Pangestyme™ MT [DSC]; Pangestyme™ UL [DSC]; Plaretase® 8000 [DSC]; Ultrase® MT [DSC]; Ultrase® [DSC]; Viokase® [DSC]; Zenpep™
Canadian Brand Names
Cotazym®; Creon®; Pancrease®; Pancrease® MT; Ultrase®; Ultrase® MT; Viokase®
What key warnings should I know about before taking this medicine?
• Please read the medication guide.
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to pancrelipase, pork, or any other part of the medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
How does it work?
• Pancrelipase acts as an enzyme replacement.
• It aids in digestion of proteins, starches, and fats.
How is it best taken?
• Take this medicine with food.
• Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
• You may sprinkle contents of capsule on soft food or liquid. Do not chew. Swallow right away and follow with water or juice.
• Do not take dairy products, iron or folic acid with this medicine.
• Drink plenty of noncaffeine-containing liquid unless told to drink less liquid by healthcare provider.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Take a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not take a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Follow up with healthcare provider.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• Protect from moisture. Do not store in a bathroom or kitchen.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2006-10-13 14:50:59.0
Modified: 2010-08-03 11:23:41.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.