I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Polyethylene Glycol-Electrolyte Solution||0 people have prescribed Polyethylene Glycol-Electrolyte Solution|
(pol i ETH i leen GLY kol ee LEK troe lite soe LOO shun)
U.S. Brand Names
Colyte®; GoLYTELY®; MoviPrep®; NuLYTELY®; TriLyte®
Canadian Brand Names
Colyte™; Klean-Prep®; PegLyte®
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to polyethylene glycol or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
• If you have slow movement through the intestines or a blockage in the gastrointestinal tract.
How does it work?
• Polyethylene glycol-electrolyte solution cleanses the bowel.
How is it best taken?
• Do not eat solid food 2-4 hours before starting medicine.
• Chill the solution to improve taste.
• Do not add flavorings.
• Works best if each portion is drunk quickly.
• Colyte®; GoLYTELY®; NuLytely®; Trilyte™: Drink 1 glass every 10 minutes until all is gone or rectal fluid is clear.
• MoviPrep®: May have clear liquids or plain yogurt for dinner. Finish 1 hour before starting medicine. Mix pouch A and pouch B in container provided. Add warm water. Mix solution. Repeat for second dose. Finish medicine and clear liquids 1 hour before exam.
• Split dose: • Evening dose: Drink 1 glass (8 ounces) of solution every 15 minutes until gone. Then drink 2 glasses (16 ounces) of clear fluid.
• Morning dose: Repeat evening dose. Then drink 2 glasses (16 ounces) of clear liquid.
• Full dose: • Evening dose (6PM): Drink 1 glass (8 ounces) of solution every 15 minutes until gone.
• 7:30 PM: Repeat 6 PM dose. Then drink 4 glasses (32 ounces) of clear liquid.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Take a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not take a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
• Follow up with healthcare provider.
How should I store this medicine?
• Store powder at room temperature.
• Store liquid Colyte®, GoLYTELY®, NuLYTELY®, and TriLyte™ in a refrigerator. Throw away any unused portion after 2 days.
• Store liquid MoviPrep® in a refrigerator. Throw away any unused portion after 1 day.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
• Read the package insert for more details.
Created: 2005-04-07 17:10:45.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:21:54.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.