I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ramelteon||0 people have prescribed Ramelteon|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider. You may be more sensitive to this medicine.
• If you have mental illness, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you wake up in the early morning, this medicine will not help.
• Do not nap.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• You may not be alert. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor) or other medicines and natural products that slow your actions and reactions.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Feeling lightheaded, sleepy, having blurred vision, or a change in thinking clearly. Avoid driving, doing other tasks or activities that require you to be alert or have clear vision until you see how this medicine affects you.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Change in balance.
• Menstrual changes. These include lots of bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between cycles.
• Change in sexual ability or desire. This is usually reversible.
• Severe allergic reactions can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of depression, suicidal thoughts, nervousness, emotional ups and downs, abnormal thinking, anxiety, or lack of interest in life.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Driving or doing other tasks or activities that you do not remember doing after taking this medicine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.