2 people have experienced Raw Food Diet. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|2 people have tried Raw Food Diet||0 people have prescribed Raw Food Diet|
A raw foods diet, often called ‘Living Foods,’ consists of eating mostly uncooked, unprocessed and mostly organic foods. Raw food theory suggests that cooking natural foods over 115 degrees Fahrenheit destroys the natural enzymes that our bodies need (exact temperature varies among raw food theories from 104 -118 degrees Fahrenheit). According to Raw Food theorists, the enzymes found in natural foods aid in digestion, absorption and processing of food and nutrients. Eating a diet of raw food increases the amount of enzymes needed for good digestion and results in increased availability of vitamins and minerals for absorption. This higher concentration of nutrients from natural raw foods has been suggested to prevent disease, reduce the aging process, increase energy and promote overall...
Potential Benefits of a Raw Food diet
- Weight loss
- Healthy skin
- Stronger immune system
- High energy
- Improved Fertility
- Emotional Balance
- Slowed aging process
- Reduced risk of disease (i.e. Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia)
- Environmental benefits: choosing to eat foods that are not processed, grown with pesticides, or genetically modified reduces the detrimental effects on the environment.
- Malnutrition & Low body weight
- Vitamin deficiencies ( Calcium, Vitamin D, Iron, Zinc, Protein)
- Pregnant women need to be careful with raw foods, especially fish, dairy and animals products as they may be harmful to the fetus.
- Bezoar – gastric blockage from indigestible cellulose
- Parasites and worms
- Food poisoning (E-coli)
To Avoid Food Poisoning
- Wash all fruits and vegetables
- Refrigerate most food
- Wash your hands often
- Buy foods from a source you trust