I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Rifampin||0 people have prescribed Rifampin|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have porphyria, talk with healthcare provider.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor). Alcohol can worsen liver disease.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Change in color of body fluids to orange.
• Discoloration of contact lenses. Do not wear while taking this medicine.
• Belly pain.
• Diarrhea. Yogurt, Bifidobacterium bifidum, or Lactobacillus acidophilusmay help. These products are available at health food stores or in some pharmacies.
• Feeling dizzy. Rise slowly over several minutes from sitting or lying position. Be careful climbing.
• Flu-like symptoms. These include headache, weakness, fever, shakes, aches, pains, and sweating. Mild pain medicine may help.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea, even after medicine is stopped.
• Not able to eat.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.