I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Robot-Assisted Cardiac Procedures||0 people have prescribed Robot-Assisted Cardiac Procedures|
Reasons for Procedure
Robot-assisted cardiac procedures are done to treat a variety of conditions:
- Robot-assisted mitral valve repair may be used to treat:
- Stenosis (narrowing) of the mitral valve
- Regurgitation (leakage) of the mitral valve
- Robot-assisted coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) may be used to treat:
- Blockages in the heart’s arteries
- Severe chest pain ( angina ) that has not improved with medicines
- Robot-assisted atrial septal defect repair may be used to treat a hole between the upper chambers of the heart that does not close properly during fetal development.
- Robot-assisted biventricular pacemaker lead placement may be used to treat heart failure due to atrial fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm in the upper chambers of the heart).
© 2009 Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.
Benefits of robot-assisted cardiac procedures may include:
- Increased range of motion with the robotic arms
- Ability to filter out human hand tremor and translate the doctor’s larger hand movements into smaller ones
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery