Tried or prescribed Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass—Laparoscopic Surgery? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass—Laparoscopic Surgery||0 people have prescribed Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass—Laparoscopic Surgery|
Reasons for Procedure
The surgery treats severe obesity. Doctors use a calculation called body mass index ( BMI ) to determine how overweight or obese you are. A normal BMI is 18.5-25.
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass is a weight loss option for people with:
- BMI greater than 40
- BMI 35-39.9 and a life-threatening condition, such as heart disease or diabetes
- BMI 35-39.9 with severe physical limitations that affect employment, mobility, and family life
The success of gastric bypass surgery depends on your commitment to lifelong health habits. If lifestyle changes are made and maintained, the benefits of bariatric surgery include:
- Long-term weight reduction
- Improvement in many obesity-related conditions (eg, glucose intolerance, diabetes , sleep apnea, high blood pressure , and high cholesterol )
- Improved mobility and stamina
- Enhanced mood, self-esteem, and quality of life