I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Salicylic Acid||0 people have prescribed Salicylic Acid|
(sal i SIL ik AS id)
U.S. Brand Names
Akurza [DSC]; Aliclen™; Beta Sal® [OTC]; Compound W® One-Step Wart Remover for Feet [OTC]; Compound W® One-Step Wart Remover for Kids [OTC]; Compound W® One-Step Wart Remover [OTC]; Compound W® [OTC]; Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Moisturizer [OTC]; Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Scalp Treatment [OTC]; Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Shampoo/Conditioner [OTC]; Dermarest® Psoriasis Medicated Skin Treatment [OTC]; Dermarest® Psoriasis Overnight Treatment [OTC]; Dermarest® Psoriasis Scalp Treatment Mousse [OTC] [DSC]; DHS™ Sal [OTC]; Freezone® [OTC]; Fung-O® [OTC]; Gordofilm® [OTC]; Hydrisalic™ [OTC]; Ionil Plus® [OTC]; Ionil® [OTC]; Keralyt® [OTC]; LupiCare® Dandruff [OTC]; LupiCare® Psoriasis Scalp [OTC] [DSC]; LupiCare® Psoriasis [OTC]; Mosco® Callus & Corn Remover [OTC]; Neutrogena® Advanced Solutions™ [OTC]; Neutrogena® Blackhead Eliminating™ 2-in-1 Foaming Pads [OTC]; Neutrogena® Blackhead Eliminating™ Astringent [OTC] [DSC]; Neutrogena® Blackhead Eliminating™ Daily Scrub [OTC]; Neutrogena® Blackhead Eliminating™ Treatment Mask [OTC] [DSC]; Neutrogena® Body Clear® [OTC]; Neutrogena® Clear Pore™ Oil-Controlling Astringent [OTC]; Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash 60 Second Mask Scrub [OTC]; Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser [OTC]; Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Foam Cleanser [OTC]; Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash [OTC]; Neutrogena® Rapid Clear® Acne Defense [OTC]; Neutrogena® Rapid Clear® Acne Eliminating [OTC]; Occlusal®-HP [OTC] [DSC]; Off-Ezy® Wart Remover [OTC] [DSC]; P&S® [OTC]; Palmer's® Skin Success Acne Cleanser [OTC]; Sal-Acid® [OTC] [DSC]; Sal-Plant® [OTC]; Salactic® [OTC]; SalAc® [OTC] [DSC]; Salex®; Salitop™; Salvax; Stridex® Essential Care® [OTC]; Stridex® Facewipes To Go® [OTC]; Stridex® Maximum Strength [OTC]; Stridex® Sensitive Skin [OTC]; Tinamed® Corn and Callus Remover [OTC]; Tinamed® Wart Remover [OTC]; Trans-Ver-Sal® [OTC]; Wart-Off® Maximum Strength [OTC]
Canadian Brand Names
Duofilm®; Duoforte® 27; Occlusal™-HP; Sebcur®; Soluver®; Soluver® Plus; Trans-Plantar®; Trans-Ver-Sal®
Acne Products; Keratolytic Agent; Topical Skin Product, Acne
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to salicylic acid or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
How does it work?
• This medicine works at lower concentrations to soften and shed unwanted skin.
• This medicine works at higher concentrations to destroy concentrated areas of skin.
How is it best taken?
• Do not take this medicine by mouth. For skin only. Keep out of mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
• Wash hands before and after use.
Creme, cloth, foam or liquid cleanser:
• Use to cleanse affected skin once or twice daily or as directed.
• Apply a thin layer to the affected area and work into a lather and rinse.
• Wet cloth with water before use.
Shower/bath gels or soap:
• Use to cleanse daily in the shower or bath.
• Work into a lather and rinse.
Gel, pad or patch:
• Wash affected area and pat dry.
• Allow skin to dry for 5 minutes before applying patch.
• Apply patch directly to affected skin before bedtime.
• Remove patch in the morning.
• Apply a thin layer of gel to the affected area and rub in gently.
• Use pad to apply a thin layer of salicylic acid to affected area.
• Do not leave pad on skin.
• If peeling occurs decrease the number of applications.
• Apply 1-4 times daily or as directed by healthcare provider.
Callus, corns or warts:
• Wash affected area and pat dry.
• May soak affected area for 5 minutes.
• Shake foam well before use.
• Apply foam to affected area and rub in gently.
• Apply gel or liquid to affected area and allow to dry.
• Patch should be trimmed to cover the affected area.
• 40% patches are applied once every other day.
• Remove patch (15%) or rinse off gel in the morning.
• May repeat once or twice daily or as directed by healthcare provider.
Dandruff, psoriasis, or seborrheic dermatitis:
• Some products may be left in place overnight.
• Apply to clean, dry skin.
• Apply up to 4 times daily or as directed by healthcare provider.
• Do not apply ointment to face or scalp.
• Wet hair prior to shampoo.
• Work into hair or affected area gently.
• Leave on hair for several minutes.
• Rinse completely.
• Apply 2-3 times per week or as directed by healthcare provider.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Apply a missed dose as soon as possible.
• If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and return to your regular schedule.
• Do not apply a double dose or extra doses.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• Protect from moisture. Do not store in a bathroom or kitchen.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2005-04-07 17:17:10.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:25:05.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.