I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Saliva Substitute||0 people have prescribed Saliva Substitute|
(sa LYE va SUB stee tute)
U.S. Brand Names
Aquoral™; Caphosol®; Entertainer's Secret® [OTC]; Moi-Stir® [OTC]; Mouthkote® [OTC]; Numoisyn™; Oasis®; Oral Balance® [OTC]; Saliva Substitute® [OTC] [DSC]; Salivart® [OTC]; SalivaSure™ [OTC]
Gastrointestinal Agent, Miscellaneous
Reasons not to take this medicine
• If you have an allergy to saliva substitute or any other part of this medicine.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other symptoms involved.
How does it work?
• Saliva substitute moistens the mouth.
How is it best taken?
• Caphosol®: Mix contents of blue and clear ampul in clean container. Swish 1/2 of mixture in mouth for 1 minute, then spit out. Repeat. Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes after use.
• Lozenges: Dissolve slowly in mouth.
• Numoisyn™ liquid: Rinse in mouth, then swallow.
• Mouthwash: Rinse in mouth for 30 seconds. Spit out. Do not swallow.
• Spray: Spray into mouth holding bottle upright; do not rinse mouth.
What do I do if I miss a dose? (does not apply to patients in the hospital)
• Many times this medicine is taken on an as needed basis.
What should I monitor?
• Change in condition being treated. Is it better, worse, or about the same?
How should I store this medicine?
• Store at room temperature.
• Numoisyn™ liquid: Use within 3 months after opening.
• If you have a life-threatening allergy, wear allergy identification at all times.
• Do not share your medicine with others and do not take anyone else's medicine.
• Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
• Most medicines can be thrown away in household trash after mixing with coffee grounds or kitty litter and sealing in a plastic bag.
• Keep a list of all your medicines (prescription, natural products, supplements, vitamins, over-the-counter) with you. Give this list to healthcare provider (doctor, nurse, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, physician assistant).
• Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or in Canada to Health Canada's Canada Vigilance Program at 1-866-234-2345.
• Talk with healthcare provider before starting any new medicine, including over-the-counter, natural products, or vitamins.
Created: 2005-04-07 17:17:12.0
Modified: 2010-03-09 08:18:08.0
Lexi-PALS TM © (1977)-(2007) Lexi-Comp, Inc. All rights reserved.