I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Silver Sulfadiazine||0 people have prescribed Silver Sulfadiazine|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Change in color of skin.
• Skin irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of infection. These include a fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, chills, severe sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, increased sputum or change in color, painful urination, mouth sores, wound that will not heal, or anal itching or pain.
• Blood in the urine.
• Unable to pass urine.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Severe belly pain.
• Yellow skin or eyes.
• Severe skin irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.