I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Simvastatin||0 people have prescribed Simvastatin|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take colestipol or cholestyramine within 4 hours of this medicine.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• You can get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen; wear protective clothing and eyewear.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
• Muscle weakness.
• Joint pain.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe muscle pain or weakness.
• Flu-like symptoms.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Dark urine or yellow skin or eyes.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.