Tried or prescribed Acetaminophen for Sinusitis? Share your experience. Have you?
I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Acetaminophen||0 people have prescribed Acetaminophen|
Effect of Acetaminophen on Sinusitis
Common brand names for Acetaminophen include:
Acetaminophen can be helpful in relieving some of the pain and discomfort associated with sinusitis. It’s also safe to give to children. Do not take a larger dose than is recommended by your doctor. Do not drink alcoholic beverages while you are taking acetaminophen.
Read more details about Acetaminophen.
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Avoid other sources of acetaminophen. An overdose may cause dangerous problems.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid or limit alcohol intake (includes wine, beer, and liquor) to less than 3 drinks a day. Drinking too much alcohol may increase the risk of liver disease.
• If you have PKU, talk with healthcare provider. Some products do contain phenylalanine.
• Be careful if you have G6PD deficiency. Anemia may occur.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Liver damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Yellow skin or eyes.
• Not able to eat.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.
Click Here to See All 24 Treatments for Sinusitis
FoundHealth has 24 treatments for Sinusitis!
See all Sinusitis Treatment options and start building your care plan today.