I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Beta-lactam||0 people have prescribed Beta-lactam|
Effect of Beta-lactam on Sinusitis
Common names for Beta-lactam include:
- Amoxicillin (Amoxil, Polymox, Trimox, Wymox)
- Amoxicillin-Clavulanate (Augmentin)
- Cephalexin (Keflex)
- Cefadroxil (Duricef, Ultracef)
- Cefaclor (Ceclor)
- Cefuroxime (Ceftin)
- Cefpodoxime (Vantin)
- Loracarbef (Lorabid)
- Cefditoren (Spectracef)
- Cefixime (Suprax)
- Ceftibuten (Cedex)
- Meropenem (Merrem)
- Imipenem/cilastatin (Primaxin)
Read more details about Beta-lactam.
Possible side effects include:
- Allergic reactions, such as rash, itchy skin, difficulty breathing—Get help if any of these occurs. For breathing difficulties, get emergency care.
- Diarrhea —This may be severe; in which case, call your doctor.
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset
- Decreased effectiveness of oral contraceptives—Use another form of contraception while you are taking these medications.
- Bleeding problems—Check with your doctor if you notice easy bruising, increased bleeding, or spontaneous bleeding.
FoundHealth has 24 treatments for Sinusitis!
See all Sinusitis Treatment options and start building your care plan today.