I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sodium Bicarbonate||0 people have prescribed Sodium Bicarbonate|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are on a low-salt diet (contains salt), talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Do not take iron within 2 hours of this medicine.
• Do not take this medicine for longer than 2 weeks, unless directed by healthcare provider.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Belly pain.
• Increased thirst.
• Low potassium level. Signs include feeling tired, weak, numbness, or tingling; muscle cramps; constipation; vomiting; or fast heartbeat.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs of low potassium.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe swelling.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.