I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Sodium Phenylbutyrate||0 people have prescribed Sodium Phenylbutyrate|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Wear disease medical alert identification.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are on a low-salt diet (contains salt), talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have a weakened heart, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Not hungry.
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Change in body odor.
• Menstrual changes. These include lots of bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between cycles.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs or symptoms of infection. These include a fever of 100.5 degrees or higher, chills, severe sore throat, ear or sinus pain, cough, increased sputum or change in color, painful urination, mouth sores, wound that will not heal, or anal itching or pain.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Significant change in balance.
• Severe swelling or pain of hands or feet.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.