I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Taurine||0 people have prescribed Taurine|
Effect of Taurine on Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
Taurine may help treat congestive heart failure by helping to regulate heartbeat and maintain cell membranes.
Read more about Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and Taurine.
Preliminary evidence suggests that taurine might be helpful in congestive heart failure (CHF), a condition in which the heart has trouble pumping blood, which leads to fluid accumulating in the legs and lungs. 1 Warning: Keep in mind that CHF is too serious for self-treatment. If you're interested in trying taurine or any other supplement for CHF, you should first consult your doctor.
There is also some evidence that taurine may be helpful for acute viral hepatitis . 2 Taurine has additionally been proposed as a treatment for numerous other conditions, including alcoholism , cataracts , diabetes , epilepsy , gallbladder disease , hypertension , multiple sclerosis , psoriasis , and stroke , but the evidence for these uses is weak and, in some cases, contradictory. 3 4 5 6 Taurine is also sometimes combined in an "amino acid cocktail" with other amino acids for treatment of attention deficit disorder , but there is no evidence as yet that it works for this purpose.
- Azuma J, Sawamura A, Awata N. Usefulness of taurine in chronic congestive heart failure and its prospective application. Jpn Circ J. 56(1):95-9.
- Matsuyama Y, Morita T, Higuchi M, Tsujii T. The effect of taurine administration on patients with acute hepatitis. Prog Clin Biol Res. 125():461-8.
- Yamori Y, Horie R, Nara Y, Kihara M, Tada M. Studies on stroke prevention in animal models, and their supportable epidemiological evidence. As cited in H Barnett, et al, eds. Cerebrovascular diseases: new trends in surgical and medical aspects. Amsterdam: Elsevier/North Holland, 1981:47-62.
- Franconi F, Bennardini F, Mattana A, Miceli M, Ciuti M, Mian M, Gironi A, Anichini R, Seghieri G. Plasma and platelet taurine are reduced in subjects with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: effects of taurine supplementation. Am J Clin Nutr. 61(5):1115-9.
- Marchesi GF, Quattrini A, Scarpino O, et al. Therapeutic effects of taurine in epilepsy: a clinical and polyphysiographic study [in Italian; English abstract]. Riv Patol Nerv Ment. 1975;96:166-184.
- Fukuyama Y, Ochiai Y. Therapeutic trial by taurine for intractable childhood epilepsies. Brain Dev. 4(1):63-9.