I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Tinidazole||0 people have prescribed Tinidazole|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor). Do not take alcohol for at least 72 hours after the last dose. Drinking alcohol or alcohol containing products such as cough syrup may cause cramps, nausea, headaches, and flushing.
• Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine.
• If you have seizures, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have any diseases of the brain, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have any nerve damage, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you are being treated for a sexually-transmitted disease, your partner may need to be treated too. Talk with healthcare provider.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Do not breast-feed for at least 3 days after you have finished this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• For females, vaginal yeast infection. Report itching or discharge.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe diarrhea, even after medicine is stopped.
• Numbness or tingling of hands or feet.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.