I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Tobramycin||0 people have prescribed Tobramycin|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have hearing loss, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
Oral inhalation and Injection (I.V.):
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine.
Eye drops and ointment:
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Short-term discomfort after use.
• Abnormal taste. This is usually reversible.
• Change in hearing can rarely occur.
• Kidney damage can rarely occur.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Significant change in balance.
• Change in hearing.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Very nervous and excitable.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea, even after medicine is stopped.
• Sudden change in vision, eye pain, or irritation.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.