I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Tolvaptan||0 people have prescribed Tolvaptan|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you are dehydrated, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• If you have liver disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice.
• Avoid alcohol (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Increased thirst.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Feeling tired or weak.
• Constipation. More liquids, regular exercise, or a fiber-containing diet may help. Talk with healthcare provider about a stool softener or laxative.
• Dry mouth. Frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• High blood sugar.
• Mood changes.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe dizziness or passing out.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Difficulty swallowing or speaking.
• Trouble controlling body movements.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Unable to pass urine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.