I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Ulipristal||0 people have prescribed Ulipristal|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine will not end a pregnancy.
• This medicine is not for regular use to prevent pregnancy.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy.
• Birth control pills and other hormone-based birth control may not work to prevent pregnancy. Use another form of birth control while taking this medicine.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals and frequent mouth care may help. Older children may suck hard, sugar-free candy.
• Belly pain.
• Menstrual pain.
• Menstrual changes. These include lots of bleeding, spotting, or bleeding between cycles.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Severe headache.
• Severe belly pain.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• If menstruation is delayed for >7 days after the expected menstrual period.
• For females, if you are pregnant or may be pregnant.
• If you vomit within 3 hours of taking this medicine.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.