I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Valganciclovir||0 people have prescribed Valganciclovir|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• If you have kidney disease, talk with healthcare provider.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• To protect against sexually-transmitted diseases, use a latex condom.
• Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking this medicine and for 3 months after receiving this medicine.
• If you are a male and sexually active, protect your partner from pregnancy during treatment and for 3 months after treatment ends. Use birth control that you can trust.
• Breast-feeding is not recommended.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Anemia and low platelet count.
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Inability to sleep.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Numbness or tingling of hands or feet.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Severe nausea or vomiting.
• Severe diarrhea.
• Unusual bruising or bleeding.
• Feeling extremely tired or weak.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.