I'm a professional and
|0 people have tried Zanamivir||0 people have prescribed Zanamivir|
What are the precautions when taking this medicine?
• This medicine is not to be taken in place of the flu shot. If healthcare provider has recommended the flu shot, you need to get it.
• If you have lung disease, talk with healthcare provider. This medicine is not generally used in patients with these diseases.
• Check medicines with healthcare provider. This medicine may not mix well with other medicines.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant.
• Tell healthcare provider if you are breast-feeding.
What are some possible side effects of this medicine?
• Nausea or vomiting. Small frequent meals, frequent mouth care, sucking hard, sugar-free candy, or chewing sugar-free gum may help.
• Nasal and throat irritation.
Reasons to call healthcare provider immediately
• If you suspect an overdose, call your local poison control center or emergency department immediately.
• Signs of a life-threatening reaction. These include wheezing; chest tightness; fever; itching; bad cough; blue skin color; fits; or swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Difficulty breathing.
• Severe behavioral problems.
• Significant change in thinking clearly and logically.
• Any rash.
• No improvement in condition or feeling worse.